Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Computer and Me

My interest in computers has been there since the day when I was in primary school. It all started when there was a free period in school and the teacher has nothing else to teach us, so he led us to the computer room to fiddle with the computers. I was amazed on how sophisticated this machine I saw in the computer room is. It was an Apple computer.

Then I got home, went all excited and told my parents about the computer. Ever since that day, my daily ramblings was about computers. Till my dad brought me to a computer shop and had me enrolled to computer lessons. I learned the computer language Basic. After the classes, I would then be given a full box of games to choose from and to play. I remember my favorite games were Alley Cat and Load Runner

Then after much persuasion telling my dad how good the computer is and how much I can learn from it, he decided to buy one for me. My first computer I got was a PC XT with Turbo settings to 8Mhz! LoL (well the normal settings was like 4.5MHz, was a button on the pc to set it to TURBO) with 16 color monitor! (well at least it was better than the green screen monitor).

So very much I played with the computer I had to wear spectacles at the young age of 8 or was it 9..

Jumping into the time today, my computer is now a Intel 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, Asus 9600GT 512MB DDR3 Graphic Card, 2GB DDR2 667 Ram, 200GB HDD SATA2 with a Samsung 19" LCD Monitor. I love how technology has improved, and how my favorite tool has evolved itself.

Yea, I'm a computer nerd/geek. Not much life outside besides the computer. I do business with my computer, I found my girlfriend online, I play games online, I chat/ramble/gossip online chats. I pretty much do EVERYTHING online, so much which it frightens me sometimes, how dependant I am towards the computer.

Sorry to bore you with my computer story here, I've got no pictures to show at the moment cause the only camera I could use is with my girlfriend who is still in vacation in Sabah helping her family with shifting houses and at the mean time, getting off-time from me! I do hope she's doing alright there. She doesn't even know I have a blog haha... well.. not just yet. Oh yeah, she just got a new DSLR camera so I could use it when she's back to show you more interesting things. Oh and don't even bother asking why I didn't use my camera phone to take pictures. Well to makes things short and simple, my phone is VERY ANCIENT, I only use it to make and receive calls and sms.

Kinda bored watching Euro 2008 Quarter Finals, Turkey Vs Croatia. Both teams are just plain lousy. haha.. Well I support Holland to win, we'll see how it goes...

No comments: